Introduction

Hey, you found me and my world of thoughts! congrats :) prepare yourself for lots of foody related thoughts, peeks at gifts I make and my general ramblings. On a more personal note, I used to Follow Slimming World but now I have switched to Paleo. Still waiting on my cave woman outfit. I hope you stay a while and enjoy!

Monday, 13 January 2014

Positively Paleo - Inform & Inspire!

This has been one interesting week. My first week following Paleo and it has gone swimmingly in a food sense. I have thoroughly enjoyed the new challenge with cooking Paleo. But it really has not been that challenging. The guidlines are so simple and when you cut out all the other rubbish it simplifies your options and makes it so much easier. All you need is good quality meats a selection of nutrient dense vegetables, some herbs and spices and away you go! a little fruit and some nuts to snack on and that has basically been my week! simples! and I have loved every second of it. I have also felt huge benefits already, which to be honest I really was not expecting so soon. I have never slept better, I have oodles of new found energy, a general feeling of well being and the best part I have not been starving hungry. 
Not forgetting how cost effective it is.

Here is a peek at what I have enjoyed this week:
I shall be adding the recipes through out this week so watch this space!


Benefits of Paleo.
Research in biology, biochemistry, Ophthalmology, Dermatology and many other disciplines indicate it is our modern diet, full of refined foods, trans fats and sugar, that is at the root of degenerative diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression and infertility.
Lean proteins support strong muscles, healthy bones and optimal immune function. Protein also makes you feel satisfied between meals. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that have been shown to decrease the likelihood of developing a number of degenerative diseases including cancer, diabetes and neurological decline.
The Paleo Diet has proven health benefits if followed, it is nutrient dense and promotes good health and wellbeing. Some of the proven benefits include: weight loss, blood glucose stabilization and improvement in chronic disease processes such as; Hypertension, Heart Disease, Asthma and Osteoporosis.

*****
I have read a lot of amazing stories about what Paleo has done for others well being, health and mentality they really have been a true inspiration to myself. 
Its easy for me to copy and paste a load of benefits you could possibly gain from becoming Paleo, but surely nothing beats reading the experiences from real people living in the real world and in their own words.

***
That is why I would like to urge any fellow Paleo followers who have experienced the positive effects from becoming Paleo to share their stories in the comments below.

Inform and Inspire!
Looking forward to reading your positive experiences!


3 comments:

  1. I'm not strict paleo, but in the last half a year I've cut down on grains considerably and now I make protein the main star of my meal, instead of carbs. My blood sugar is more level, my moods are stable and I don't get that grinding hunger that left me feeling too sick to eat if I didn't eat something quickly. I'm from a family of diabetics so for this to control the hypoglycemia so well it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started Paleo nearly 2 years ago after I was diagnosed with PCOS. Now I sit balancing my laptop on my 8 month baby bump. I definitely put it all down to the Paleo Diet. It changed my whole life. Kick started my ovulation so I was ovulating regularly again after 10 years of irregular or mostly no ovulating. To say I am happy is an understatement. I shall continue Paleo forever.
    Karen Darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey, Layla here from ye olde land of Facebook. I adore your blog. My story is I used to suffer with extreme PMS and I do mean EXTREME. I was a nightmare every month. Since starting Paleo 6 months ago majority of my symptoms have alleviated which has been amazing. I have also lost 4 stone which has improved my life no end. I am now a fully fledged Paleo Ninja from what goes in my mouth to what goes in my hair. I was on Weight Watchers beforehand for 3 years and it got so tiring counting points this is way better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...