Introduction

Hey, you found me and my world of thoughts! congrats :) prepare yourself for lots of foody related thoughts, peeks at gifts I make and my general ramblings. On a more personal note, I used to Follow Slimming World but now I have switched to Paleo. Still waiting on my cave woman outfit. I hope you stay a while and enjoy!

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Tomato Turkey Bake - Summer Turkey Recipe Challenge - #leanonturkey

A Turkey is not just for Christmas!

"Turkey breast is naturally a low fat meat and it's also low in salt and saturated fat. Turkey is also a great source of key nutrients for health, such as the B-vitamins, phosphorus, selenium and potassium and rightfully deserves a place in a varied and balanced diet"
                                                                                     "Carrie Ruxton" www.leanonturkey.co.uk



I was just having a quick late night browse over at Britmums and I noticed this challenge and could not resist entering in my Tomato Turkey bake which I made a few days ago. It was delicious, juicy and more importantly to me at the moment, healthy!

It is super simple and can be made in under 30 mins
Perfect for a midweek meal.


Tomato Turkey Bake

Ingredients:
Turkey steak ( one for each person)
1 x Red Onion sliced
2 x Vine Tomatoes chopped
1 x Red Pepper sliced
2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
100 ml Beef Stock
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Ttsp Oregano
Fresh Basil
Cheddar Cheese
Frylight or a little Olive Oil

How to...
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
Bring the Beef Stock to the boil and add the Onion, Pepper and Garlic, 
simmer for 1-2 mins
Add the Vine Tomatoes, Tinned Tomatoes, Tomato Puree and Oregano 
leave to simmer for another 2 mins. Then take off the heat.

Depending on the thickness of your Turkey Steak 
there is only one of two things you need to do:

A thick Turkey Steak should be butterflied in half, just like you would butterfly a chicken breast.
If your Turkey Steak is not very thick, it may not be possible to butterfly so instead pop it into a freezer bag and give it a bash with a rolling pin to thin it out. 
(this is great for stress relief after a long day!)

Having the Turkey Steaks thin means they will cook nice and quickly and wont dry out.

Add some Frylight or a little Olive Oil to a pan and quickly fry the Turkey Steaks to give them a lovely golden colour. 
This should take about 1-2 mins each side.

Then put Turkey Steaks in a baking dish  and pour over the stock mix and finish with a sprinkling of Cheddar Cheese.
Bake in the oven for 15-20mins

Voila! 

Serve with a fresh and crunchy green salad!

******
This post is an entry for BritMums’ Summer Turkey Recipe Challenge

#leanonturkey





12 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salivating now. How I wish turkey is available here in the Philippines. Well we do have a Turkey farm here but too few to mention. Almost have duck and chicken poultry house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your detailed instructions and the healthy ingredients. Commenting for BritMums and thanking you for taking part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your for stopping by Kate :) and for your lovely comment! x

      Delete
  4. By the way, your link to Lean on Turkey is not working properly. Can you add it properly so that this counts as a valid entry? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear sorry! I have no amended the link :) thank you for telling me! x

      Delete
  5. I'm loving all these turkey recipes I'm discovering. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading :) I have found so many good recipes through this linky :)xxx

      Delete
  6. Sorry but the link is not working. Can you try again? Don't want you to miss out on chance to win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie, thank you so much for bringing that to my attention! it has now been fixed :) thank you again xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...